Looking CE2403 Nov Dec 2013 question paper for Anna University examinations ? You can here download CE2403 Basics of Dynamics and Aseismic Design question paper asked in Nov Dec 2013. This Nov Dec 2013 question paper is rare to get in internet. We have a lot of effort to bring this CE2403 Nov Dec 2013 question paper for the benefit of B.E Civil Engineering 7th Semester students. Check out the question paper contents below and have a copy of this CE2403 Nov Dec 2013 question paper.
Question Paper Code : 31217
Anna University Chennai
B.E / B.Tech Degree Examination, November / December 2013
CE2403 / CE 73 / 10111 CE 703 Basics of Dynamics and Aseismic Design
(Common to PTCE 2403 - Basics of Dynamics and Aseismic Design for B.E (Part-Time) Fifth Semester Civil Engineering - Regulation 2009)
(Regulation 2008 / 2010)
Time : 3 hours
Maximum : 100 Marks
Use of IS 1893-2002 is permitted
Answer ALL questions
Part A - (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
2. What are the various types of dynamic load?
3. State D’Alembert’s principle
4. What is meant by degree of freedom of a dynamic system
5. What is the difference between intensity and magnitude of earthquake
6. What is modified Mercalli scale?
7. What is called ductility factor?
8. Define response spectrum of an earthquake
9. What is the main function of base isolators
10. What is meant by energy dissipation capacity?
Part B - (5 x 16 = 80 marks)11. (a) Derive the equation of motion of single degree of freedom for free vibration to find out natural frequency and angular frequency
(b) Define and discuss the following:
(i) Critical damping
(ii) Damped circular frequency
12. (a) Explain with neat examples of Multi-Degree-of-Freedom-systems
(b) Derive orthogonality relation between modal shapes of a two degrees of freedom
13. (a) Write in detail about Seismograph with neat schematic diagram and their classifications
(b)Explain plate tectonics theory and its mechanism
14. (a) Explain briefly about response spectrum and design spectrum
(b) Define liquefaction. What are the factors that affect liquefaction? What are the measures taken to reduce possibility of liquefaction?
15. (a) Write in brief on the design philosophy and methodology of earthquake resistant design
(b) Define seismic active control methods and its concepts
THE END of CE2403 Nov Dec 2013 question paper... All the best to your exams!