Anna University Chennai B.E ECE 05th Semester EC2304 / EC6504 Microprocessors and Micro Controllers May June 2012 Past Exam Paper Free DownloadAnna University Chennai
Question Paper Code: 10300
B.E./B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY JUNE 2012
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC2304 Microprocessors and Micro Controllers
Time: Three Hours
Maximum: 100 Marks
Question Paper Type: Past Exam Papers
Answer ALL questions.
PART A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
- What is meant by minimum mode system configuration in 8086 microprocessor?
- Mention different data transfer schemes.
- What is assembler?
- What is the purpose of LEA instruction in 8086?
- Draw the sample and hold circuit.
- Define: resolution of A to D converter.
- What are the special function registers used for port operation in 8051?
- What is need for bitwise instructions in microcontroller?
- What is meant by PC standard
- What are precautions required while interfacing microprocessor with motors?
Part B (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) (i) With a neat functional block diagram, explain the architecture of 8085 microprocessor (10)
(ii) Explain the generation of dedicated address and data bus signals from multiplexed address / data bus. (6)
(b) (i) Explain maximum mode bus cycle in 8086 microprocessor. (8)
(ii) Explain the interrupt architecture of 8086 microprocessor. (8)
12. (a) Explain Data transfer, arithmetic and logical group instructions of 8086 microprocessor. (16)
(b) Write 8086 assembly language program to arrange the set of numbers in ascending order and explain (16)
13. (a) Explain the various mode of operation of 8255 programmable peripheral interface with a neat sketch. (16)
(b) Explain interfacing of any 8-bit A/D converter with a 8086 microprocessor. Also write a necessary assembly language program for conversion. (16)
14. (a) (i) Explain the memory organization of 8051 microcontroller. (8)
(ii) Explain the working program control transfer instructions of 8051 microcontroller. (8)
(b) (i) Write an 8051 assembly language program for a lookup table application. (8)
(ii) Write an assembly language program to generate square wave form using on-chip timer. (8)
15. (a) Develop a microcontroller based traffic light controller and explain its working. (16)
(b) Explain the working of microprocessor based stepper motor control with suitable circuit diagram. (16)