Anna University Chennai B.E ECE 05th Semester EC6502 / EC2302 Digital Signal Processing April May 2011 Past Exam Paper Free DownloadAnna University Chennai
Question Paper Code:
B.E./B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION, April May 2011
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC2302 Digital Signal Processing
Time: Three Hours
Maximum: 100 Marks
Question Paper Type: Past Exam Papers
Note: New Subject Code in R-2013 is EC6502
Answer ALL questions.
PART A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
1. State the advantages of FFT over DFTs.
2. What is mean by bit reversal?
3. Why do we go for analog approximation to deisgn a digital filter?
4. Give any two properties of chebyshev filters.
5. State the properties of FIR filters.
6. What is mean by Gibbs phenomenon?
7. What is mean by fixed point arithmetic?Give example.
8. Explain the meaning of limit cycle oscillator.
9. State the various applications of DSP.
10. What is echo cancellation?
PART B (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11 (a) With appropriate diagrams describe (i) overlap-save method, (ii) overlap-add method.
(b) Explain Radix-2 DIF-FFT algorithm.Compare it with DIT-FFT algorithms.
12 (a) Explain in detail Butterworth filter approximation.
(b) Explain the bilinear transform method of IR filter design. What is warping effect? Explain the poles and zeros mapping procedure clearly.
13 (a) Realize the system function H(z)=(2/3)z+1+(2/3)z(to the power -1) by linear phase FIR structure.
(b) Explain the designing of FIR filters using windows.
14 (a) Explain the quantization process and errors introduced due to quantisation.
(b) (i) Explain how reduction of product round-off error is achieved in digital filters.
(ii) Explain the effects of coefficient quantisation in FIR filters.
15 (a) (i) Explain how various sound effects can be generated with the help of DSP.
(ii) State the applications of multirate signal processing.
(b) (i) Explain how DSP can be used for speech processing.
(ii)Explain in detail about decimation and interpolation.