RTM Nagpur University Question Paper
B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
Subject: Microprocessor and Interfacing
Time: Three Hours
Maximum Marks: 80
Question Paper Year: 2012
1. (a) Explain the function of the following pins:
(iii) S1 and S0
(b) Explain the difference between absolute decoding and partial decoding with one example of each.
2. (a) Ten bytes are stored from location 7000H onwards. Write a program to find the largest byte out of the array.
(b) Find the number of address lines for the micro-processor which can address the following memory locations:
(i) 256 bytes
(ii) 4K bytes
(iii) 16K bytes
(iv) 64 K bytes.
3. (a) What is assembler? Explain three assembler directives.
(b) Draw the memory map and interface diagram to interface the following memory chips to 8085:
(i) 8K*8 EPROM – 1 Chip
(ii) 4K*8 RAM – 2 Chips
(iii) 8K*8 RAM – 1 chip.
Starting address of EPROM is 0000H.
4. (a) Write a program to generate a delay of 1 second using loop within loop technique. Assume suitable frequency of the system.
(b) Differentiate between JMP and CALL instruction.
5. Write short notes on:
(i) Handshaking concept
(ii) Timing and control signals
(iii) Differentiate between Microprocessor and microcomputer.
6. (a) Draw and explain interrupt structure of 8085 microprocessor. Show clearly priority input triggering, masking, vector locations, enabling and disabling, etc.
(b) Write a program to generate a square wave with a period of 400 sec using SOD pin of microprocessor having 2MHz clock frequency.
7. (a) Differentiate between I/O mapped I/O and memory mapped I/O.
(b) Explain mode 1 of 8255 A with timing diagram.
8. (a) Write a 8085 program to stepper motor of step angle of 1.8 by 360 clockwise.
(b) Interface DAC with 8085 and write an assembly language program to generate rising sawtooth waveform.
9. (a) Draw the timing diagram of IN instruction.
(b) Define EI, DI, RIM, SIM instructions.
10. Write short notes on any three of the following:
(i) Slow memory interfacing.
(ii) Bus contention.
(iii) Multiplexed interfacing of 7-segments
(iv) Synchronous data transfer.