Telangana Inter 1st year Botany Model Paper Free Download
SECOND YEAR MODEL PAPER-I
SECTION –A 10 x 2 = 20
Note: Answer all questions. Answer may be limited to 5 lines.
1. Name any two essential elements and the deficiency diseases caused by them.
2. What is meant by bolting? Which hormone causes bolting?
3. What is the shape of T4 phage? What is its genetic material?
4. Explain the terms phenotype and genotype.
5. What are the components of a nucleotide?
6. What is point mutation? Give an example.
7. Name the nematode that infects the roots of tobacco plants. Name the strategy adopted to prevent this infestation.
8. Give one example for each of transgenic plants which are suitable for food processing and those with improved nutritional quality.
9. Give two examples of fungi used in SCP production.
10. In which food would you find lactic acid bacteria? Name the bacterium.
SECTION – B 6 x 4 = 24
Note: Answer any six questions. Answer may be limited to 20 lines
11. “Transpiration is a necessary evil”. Explain.
12. Explain the steps involved in the formation f root nodules.
13. Write briefly about enzyme inhibitors.
14. With the help of diagram, explain briefly the process of cyclic photophosphorylation.
15. How are bacteria classified on the basis of number and distribution of flagella?
16. Mention the advantages of selecting pea plant for experiment by Mendel.
17. Write the important features of genetic code.
18. What are biofertilizers? Give the examples and discuss their role as biofertilizers.
SECTION – C 2 x 8 = 16
Note: Answer any two questions. Answer may be limited to 60 lines
19. Give an account of glycolysis. Where does it occur? What are the end products? Trace the fate of these products in both aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
20. Explain briefly the various processes of recombinant DNA technology.
21. Describe the tissue culture technique and what are the advantages of tissue culture over conventional method of plant breeding in crop improvement programmes.