Anna University Chennai B.E ECE 05th Semester EC2304 / EC6504 Microprocessors and Micro Controllers Nov Dec 2012 Past Exam Paper Free DownloadAnna University Chennai
Question Paper Code: 11334
B.E./B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOV DEC 2012
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC2304 Microprocessors and Micro Controllers
Time: Three Hours
Maximum: 100 Marks
Question Paper Type: Past Exam Papers
Answer ALL questions.
Part A (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
1. How clock signal is generated in 8086 microprocessor?
2. State the function of queue status lines QS0 and QS1 in 8086 Microprocessor?
3. How will carry and zero flags reflect the result of the instruction CMP BX, CX?
4.Give any four miscellaneous instructions in 16 bit microprocessor.
5. List the four display modes of 8279 keyboad / display controller.
6. What are the enhanced features of 8254 programmable timer compared to 8253?
7. Specify the size of memory systems used in 8051 microcontroller.
8. Mention the different operand types used in 8051 microcontroller.
9. State the uses of i2c bus standard.
10. What are the use of pwm in motor control using microcontroller.
Part B (5 x 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) explain the architecture of 8086 micoprocessor. (8)
(ii) discuss about the different data transfer schemes with examples. (8)
(b) describe the maximum mode signals , bus cycles and maximum mode System configuration of 8086 microprocessor in detail. (16)
12. (a) (i) discuss about the 8086 instruction used for transferring data between registers , memory , stacks , and I/O devices. (8)
(ii) write a program based on 8086 instruction set to multiply a constant value to a sequence of data from 1 to n stored in memory. (8)
(b) (i) write a program based on 8086 instruction set to compute the average of ‘n’ number of bytes stored in the memory.(8)
(ii) discuss about the various assembler directive in 8086 microprocessor Programming. (8)
13. (a) explain the programming and operating modes of 8255 PPI in detail. (16)
(b) (i) with diagram, explain the operation or r-2r method of D/A converter. (8)
(ii) explain the function of crt terminal interface. (8)
14. (a) (i) explain the parallel port architecture of 8051 microcontroller. (8)
(ii) explain the operation of serial port with associated register.
(b) (i) with example, explain the arithmetic and branching instruction of 8051 microcontroller. (8)
(ii) write a program based on 8051 instruction set to pack array of Unpacked BCD digits (8)
15. (a) with neat sketch, explain the microprocessor based traffic light Control system. (16)
(b) describe in detail the microcontroller based system design with an Example. (16)