Dr. MGR University AUGUST 2015 Question Paper
[LH 0815] Sub. Code: 1032
Subject : PAPER II HOSPITAL ORIENTATION, MANAGEMENT AND COMPUTER
DIPLOMA IN ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY CARE TECHNOLOGY
(New Syllabus 2014-2015)
PAPER II – HOSPITAL ORIENTATION, MANAGEMENT AND COMPUTER
Q.P. Code: 841032
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions
I. Elaborate on: (3 x 10 = 30)
1. Explain about the structure and organization of a hospital.
2. Describe the activities of the Physiotherapy and the speech therapy departments.
3. How should a hospital deal with various kinds of medico legal cases?
II. Write notes on: (10 x 5 = 50)
1. What is the importance of medical records in any hospital?
2. Explain about the classification and different categories of hospitals.
3. How should the Bio Medical Waste in a hospital be disposed?
4. Operating system in computers and its function.
5. Explain about Dialysis and its use.
6. What is the role of a medical laboratory in the hospital?
7. What is the function of a hospital pharmacy?
8. Explain about the emergency department and its functions.
9. Explain in detail about the transportation of a patient.
10. What is the role and function of a hospital Medical Superintendent?
III. Short Answers on: (10 x 2 = 20)
1. What is a dying declaration?
2. Role of billing in a hospital.
3. Explain about the discharge summary.
4. What is meant by diet counselling?
5. What is medical insurance?
6. Explain about the admission process in a hospital.
7. What are electronic medical records?
8. Role of computers in hospitals.
9. CPU and its function
10. Name 4 common diseases treated in your hospital.